Thursday, January 10, 2013

Mission Completed

Thursday January 10, 11:53 a.m.

Well, got the initial translation done for that assignment. Took about 3 days but I got it done more than 24 hours before the deadline. I still have to give it a good once-over for any errors or mis-translations so that will probably be what will take up my day tomorrow. It wasn't supremely difficult but there were quite a few pages to go through. Had a bit of a scare last night when, for some reason, the Internet wasn't coming through as the router was having conniptions I couldn't control. I wasn't translating in the evening but was worried that the problems could have gone into today.

Looks like we're in the middle of a January thaw. It's really warm for a Toronto Winter at 4 degrees today, but things should get utterly boiling by the weekend when we hit the double digits as a high. I think people will be in the mood to break out the T-shirts and windsails. But of course, in Tokyo, that still means wrapping the scarves and buttoning up the wool coats. Still, it seems as if half of Japan is undergoing a major deep-freeze this year. Tokyo has been hovering at about the freezing point as a low for several days....something that doesn't happen all too often in The Big Sushi. It's gonna be interesting getting The Anime King's account of the weather there when he gets back from his vacation in a couple of weeks. For me, the winters in Tokyo were great for me although I often missed the snow. We sometimes got socked in by the white stuff every few years or so but basically the capital was free and clear. It was cold....for a Japanese city....and clear, though, which made Mt. Fuji sightings a lot easier from the Tozai Line subways.

Anyways, getting back to Toronto 2013...now that I've completed the translation, I'll have lunch and finally get a good hour's walk in for the first time in 3 days.

Pikachu greeting me on top of the Ueno Matsuzakaya
Department Store back in November 2009.
What's life without a little whimsy?