Wednesday, April 11, 2012

1000 Awesome Things

Wednesday April 11, 10:23 a.m.

I read an article in the Star yesterday after getting home from another enh day of sub teaching. It was about Neil Pasricha's impending end to his "1000 Awesome Things" blog. Had never heard of it until I saw it in the article. Pasricha started it just to get himself out of a bad funk in his life about 4 years ago; in it, he blogged down an amazing wonderful universal thing to be grateful for each and every day.

Kudos to him. He's gotten tens of thousands of followers. And although he wouldn't allow advertising on the blog itself, he hasn't missed the financial winfalls...he's gotten book deals and speaking engagements. It's something that any blogger would be very happy for. And it was based on a whim to cheer himself up. I would love to convert my music blog into some cold hard cash but frankly my genre is simply way too niche.