Thursday, April 5, 2012

Back to School

Thursday April 5, 5:41 p.m.

Looks like I got drafted again by my conversation school as a substitute after 2 months of no contact from them. Frankly, I had thought I was let go. My three days back in February were not particularly all that fun. But I got a call a couple of days ago from another director there and asked me if I could sub for one teacher next Monday and Tuesday.

I went down to the school today and had a powwow with the regular teacher about what is to be taught. It'll be the Passive Tense...an old friend of mine from my Japan days.

Although it'll be nice to get some money again, I do wonder a bit about if I'm really all that much into teaching anymore. I've devoted a fair share of my energies over the past several weeks into writing. The regular teacher told me when I'd told her about the long layover between then and now that I would have no need to worry. When the summer hits, I may be on 24-hour call. Well, now that I'm kinda geared toward writing and blogging, I'm not sure if I'm gonna be all that excited about that prospect.