Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Elbow Bones and Racketeers

Wednesday May 9, 11:34 p.m.

I've come up with my fair share of strange entry titles but this one was made nearly 3 decades ago. Elbow Bones and Racketeers was this 80s disco/big band swing band that came and went years before the brief Neo-Swing boom of the mid-90s. It was a one-hit wonder but what a one hit. I used to listen to "A Night in New York"all the time on AM and FM radio. Wouldn't fully go into jazz for another several years but this was one of my favourites.

I just remembered it tonight so I checked out the ol' YouTube and not only found the song but the music video that went with it. I had no idea that a video had been made...yep, it definitely looks like a 40s big band set done in the 80s. I would love some enterprising fellow to have a go at a remake.