Monday, May 14, 2012

The Family BBQ

Monday May 14, 2:54 p.m.

We did have that family BBQ on Saturday at my brother's. I had been looking forward to it since I hadn't had a truly Canadian grill experience in several years. Nothing wrong with the Japanese version, but I can't live on yakisoba alone. My brother, of course, was the grillmaster.








Ah, yes. The proverbial steak. I was fortunate that my little niece kept me on my toes for the entirety of our visit. We played Junior Scrabble and Dodgeball. That got me generating a good appetite by the time these babies were all cooked up and ready to go.
Our dodgeball was as innocent as a lamb. We used a soft furry soccer ball, and at this point, my niece couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. But I did get a good workout just getting the ball. Of course, I didn't tell her about my junior high school days of having to endure the far more dangerous version, known as Murderball, using fully-inflated basketballs. I hope she never encounters that game.


Of course, it wouldn't be a full BBQ without some extra protein to nosh on. My brother also threw on the sausages and chicken wings. Thanks to my niece, I was ravenous by the time, the grillmaster announced all's well.