Monday, May 28, 2012

Hot, hot, hot

Monday May 28, 11:11 p.m.

Hottest day of the year so far although Toronto itself didn't break any records...thankfully. It went up to about 30 degrees with a humidex about 10 degrees higher. Still, I guess living in Japanese summers must have toughened me up...didn't feel too bad out there. Wearing shirts which act as a second skin during July and August in the Land of the Rising Sun helped out a lot.

Looks like I've got another gig at the school on Wednesday...at this point, just a morning thing subbing for the same class as last Tuesday. The guys there were a good group although one Japanese woman didn't look too kindly upon me. And I'll be doing the whole of next week since the regular teacher will be heading on vacation then.

The Beehive ladies may have gone home but I've got another former student to see here. The Siberian, from my juku days, is currently residing in Toronto as a student, so I'll be seeing him for dinner on Wednesday up at his haunt of Finch and Yonge. I've seen his profile picture on Facebook; he's been eating well.

In any case, I will definitely enjoy my day at home tomorrow.