Friday, November 23, 2012

Heading into Winter?/Rogers on That

Friday November 23, 1:16 p.m.

It's been pretty balmy over the past few days, but it looks like we might get our first taste of Winter in the next few days. They're forecasting flurries or sleet over the weekend and into the next week. Just a shot across the bow before December arrives. Not sure when the big snowstorms are coming in.

I woke up this morning with the parentals grumbling that they couldn't get their TV Japan. I checked; it seemed as if a lot of the higher channels weren't coming through either. I waited in the hopes that the trouble would sort itself out, but when it didn't around noon, I sent a tweet to Rogers, and considering the bad reputation the organization has had, I was surprised when I got a friendly reply within 10 minutes of sending it. I don't think it was a bot. Anyways, I unplugged the digital box for about 30 seconds as advised, and after the TV reset itself, everything was back online and hunky dory. Cannot complain about that sort of service.

Looks like downtown Toronto is getting into Grey Cup fever. The rest of us in the burbs just have to take CP24's word for it. Apparently, Marty the Calgary Stampeders mascot was making his rounds, and after one failed attempt, finally got to enter the Royal York Hotel with a big bowl of fresh veggies waiting for him. Not sure if anything else came out of the other end during his walkabout; just hope noone was walking immediately behind, lest that person got the literal form of a politican's campaign speech.