Wednesday, November 28, 2012

PS on "The Angels Take Manhattan"

Wednesday November 28, 1:03 p.m.

This entry is frankly for the "Doctor Who" fans, really. Some weeks ago, I went on a bit of a rant about how lousy the final episode for Amy Pond and Rory Williams as Companions for the current Doctor was (look up "Doctor Who-ops!" in the TV section). Still haven't changed my mind about it, but I kinda know how it feels to be a stalwart supporter of Toronto Mayor Rob Ford right now....somewhat in the minority but still defiant.

Then, I came across this video on YouTube titled "P.S.", and it is a four-and-a-half minute excerpt of what could have been filmed but was ultimately cut out of "The Angels Take Manhattan". And after viewing it, I just wondered what those editors and Moffat had been thinking by not including this scene and including some of the other extraneous stuff at the beginning.

Well, just glad that it's now up and running. At least, there was one good thing about this disappointing sendoff. And I can only imagine how many boxes of tissue the fans who actually loved the episode must be going through right now.