Friday, June 29, 2012

Brought Home the Bagels

Friday June 29, 4:24 p.m.

Yup, went down to St. Lawrence Market and picked up another dozen of those bagels there. Pretty darn hot in the GTA today. I think we're in the low 30s but the Humidex is probably hovering around 40 degrees. Instead of the Carousel Bakery, I decided to have my lunch downstairs in the basement. I tried out the Chicken Souvlaki in a Bun with a Coke served at a place called Yianni's Kitchen. Pretty good for $7. There's a lot of stuff I would love to take home with me but unless I brought down a fully-iced chest, I just can't take the chance.

Before I left for downtown, I had received a surprise call from The Anime Chamberlain, the quietly ousted member of The Court. The lad was just a bit too opinionated for The King over the years. I hadn't heard from the fellow in a few months so I thought I was on the outs with him as well, but he re-made contact. It's possible we might meet for dinner on the 2nd.

The kids are out for the summer as of today, a fact I was reminded when I got on the Eglinton 34. Just a few stops away from my area, a whole swarm of elementary school kids amassed on the bus with a couple of harried teachers. Luckily, I was able to survive the experience for a few minutes.