Friday, June 22, 2012

I Feel A Draft

courtesy of letalbostaalkinsby
from Flickr
Friday June 22, 8:48 p.m.

Well, they could take me out of Canada for a couple of decades, but they couldn't take the Canada out of me, boy. Friday night, and I'm watching the annual NHL Draft from Pittsburgh. Not exactly on tenterhooks to see which kids are being pulled in by whatever NHL club, but I was curious to see who the Toronto Maple Leafs would select with their pick. Well, welcome to the team, Morgan Rielly! Hope you survive!

For me, it isn't so much who's picked in the draft. Rather, it's what happens on the side. I kinda see the draft as a bit of a Jenga game. Take this kid and then see how the other teams react via trades. And sure enough, the Islanders and Penguins did some of their own pulling of pieces to jockey for good picks.

Now, we can truly take a vacation from ice hockey....for 2 months, that is.