Saturday, June 30, 2012

Schneider Meat Pies?

Saturday June 30, 10:59 a.m.

Yup, it's getting steamy out there; typical for the last day of June. We will definitely need that new AC online by the time my brother and his family get there tonight.

I was taking a look at my analytics for Blogger and found out that there were a couple of inquiries about Schneiders Meat Pies...most likely from Meat Pie Lover. The Schneiders stuff is all frozen so it can be bought anywhere at a Metro or other major supermarket so that shouldn't be a problem at all.

That was one of the things I missed back in Japan. Of all the wonderful different dishes which have arrived in my adopted home, meat pies haven't been one of them. Although they can be ordered online via an enterprising young fellow there, they aren't readily available unfortunately at the supermarkets. I'm not sure if that scandal involving garbage-filled gyoza hitting Western Japan a few years had anything to do with it, but then again, "Sweeney Todd" with Johnny Depp did make it out with little ill effect. Frankly, I was thoroughly unimpressed with that so-called musical.