Thursday, February 2, 2012

Getting into the swing of things

Thursday February 2, 10:46 p.m.

courtesy of visitPA on Flickr
Groundhog Day! The one day of the year in which large rodents take over from humans as meteorologists. But just like the weather people, the groundhogs' take on the next 6 weeks varies from place to place. Wiarton Willie here in Ontario says it will be an early Spring (note to Willie: it's already here), while the most famous Punxatawney Pete insists that Winter will keep on going. For me, I'll always rely on a good satellite photo any day.

Well, about a week after having that interview at the school downtown, I actually got a call from my interviewer saying that I have a sub spot for next Monday from 9-12. I'm hoping that she will get back to me about when I can meet the regular teacher to get his notes so that I can peruse them this weekend.

At the same time, my old student, Cozy, has sent me a number of financial reports to translate by the 15th. When it rains, it pours.