Saturday, February 4, 2012

Pressure

Saturday February 4, 10:54 p.m.

Finished off my first Skype lesson with Mr. Moriya tonight. Went well enough for the 2 hours. Had to  adjust the camera sometimes and aiming any written vocabulary was slightly tricky at first. But I passed the first of 4 hurdles for the next few days.

The next one could be the hardest one. This talk that Sam had asked me to do for tomorrow has garnered serious legs in terms of people attending.. All I was gonna do was just talk about my years in Japan informally with half a dozen people, but it's grown to about 20 and it looks like I'm gonna be technologically insufficient. I've got a feeling that what I'm expected to say and what I can say is diverging. Well, the show must go on regardless.

The last two things are my first two classes at the new school on Monday. Luckily, I did get a comprehensive explanation on what is expected of me from the two teachers I'm subbing for. Still, I'm feeling pressure that I haven't felt in some time...even going back several months to Japan.

Take it away, Billy.