Saturday, February 11, 2012

Whitney Houston (1963-2012)


Saturday February 11, 10:14 p.m.

About half an hour ago, I just switched to CNN, expecting only to see the latest results of Mitt Romney's win in the Maine caucuses. Well, I got a shock seeing Don Lemon and other people talking in hushed tones about the passing of Whitney Houston. She'd had her problems with alcohol and drugs, but never did I think she would go like this so soon.

It's starting to hit Facebook, and it looks like the Japanese equivalent, Mixi, has had comments about her death for well over an hour.

My first memory of her was as a university student. It was her second release which caught my attention, "Saving All My Love For You". An epic ballad that was and still my favourite song by her. The rest of the 80s for me was filled with her songs. I saw her in "The Bodyguard", but it will always be the music for me.