Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Not Easy

Wednesday February 22, 2:33 p.m.

It's been 9 weeks since I made my exodus back to Toronto after 17 years in Japan. And frankly, I've been feeling like I'm in a rather undesirable Limbo. But do I regret coming back to Toronto? No, not really. I was slowly leaking money away there, and my parents weren't getting any younger waiting for me to come back home, so getting back to the ol' hometown was the thing to do.

However, it's not easy when I haven't had an obvious source of income for over 2 months. I say "obvious" since although I am teaching Mr. Moriya via Skype on alternating Saturdays, and I'm gonna make a small windfall from Cozy with all of those translation assignments, my parents haven't seen me go out the door to head to that school to teach regular lessons. I did have those 3 days a couple of weeks ago, but I'm frankly not too sure that I'm gonna be asked back all that often...or ever, considering that lousy second day. I wouldn't mind so much except that I'm starting to feel mighty guilty about relying on my retired parents' limited income for shelter and food day after day.

It would be nice if I could make my two blogs work for me and actually generate some sort of income, but that's a bit optimistic, and if there's one thing I'm not, it's an optimist.

Aside from Cozy, Mr. Jyuppie and The OL have kept in contact with me. While The Jyuppies are getting prepped for hay fever season, it seems like The OL has been going through the usual travails at her job. And she mentioned that her otaku-like sister's health has been "ruined". Not sure if she were using the wrong word, but that sounds rather serious.