Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mad for Wings

Snow at Spadina Station
Wednesday February 29, 6:57 p.m.

Yep, it's a Leap Day that I get to make this entry...I only get to do it once every four years (not that I have a choice in the matter). And it's also Half-Price Wings Day at the Madison Ave. Pub near U of T.  I got to meet Shard for lunch and conversation there. As you can see, we actually got an atypical bout of heavy snow...for this year, at least. Until today, it just seemed that Japan was getting all of our white stuff. Apparently, they still did.



A Madison breakfast platter 
A pot of gravy...or embryonic cholesterol.

It was Half-Price Wings!
Yup, I took advantage of the inexpensive order of hot wings....meaty and saucy. Plus, gravy with the fries is an absolute must. And the blue cheese sauce with the wings and the veggie sticks pretty much sealed my coronary for this year. Shard had the breakfast platter which included a fairly hefty omelette.

As usual, we had a good talk on music and blogging. He has been my advisor on my music blog, and I've picked up another follower. I should be reaching 500 pageviews by tomorrow hopefully.