Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Blood and Urine

Tuesday August 21, 10:34 a.m.

It was an early wake-up call for Dad and me as we made our way to the nearby medical centre. For me, it was the second part to my first medical checkup in several years after yesterday's initial physical. Not too painful at all. After all was said and done, we were out and back at home within an hour.

Giving blood hasn't been an issue with me ever since I was five, although I noticed that the tech took away four vials' worth of the red stuff....I think even early 2000s Angelina Jolie would've swooned at the sight. But the urine part took a bit of hand-eye coordination. There was an unnecessarily long list of rules right by the toilet as to how to properly leave a good sample of the golden shower....something about providing mid-stream urine as the most ideal sample. Heck, I would've written it this way:

Never early, never late, middle surely, to urinate.

It had been a good while since I left a urine sample. I had a bit of trouble with controlling the pressure...the vial (and my hands) needed some wiping afterwards. But the important thing was that I could leave a healthy 40 ml for the medtechs to have fun with.