Saturday, August 18, 2012

Sunset Grill and Crime

Saturday August 18, 5:08 p.m.

Man, it was pretty chilly this morning. Only 15 degrees out there. Not complaining, mind you. I've had enough of my Japanese summer mornings waking up in a pool of my own sweat back in Ichikawa City. It's a bit unusual today but overall, Toronto mornings are far more reasonable meteorologically speaking.

I met up with Automan once again, this wife with the missus, The Wild Guy, The Egg and The Tea Lady for brunch at The Sunset Grill on Yonge St. The place is always great for All-Day Breakfast. I had my usual Hash Brown Plate with sausages on the side. We had a perky waitress who was endlessly apologetic when she accidentally spilled coffee on Automan's wife.

In this Summer of the Gun 2, there has been a new crime that has taken over the local airwaves in the last half-week. Shades of Luka Magnotta, body parts have been found in the Credit River over the past few days. One foot with yellow nail polish, a head and both hands have been found scattered. And now I just heard that other parts have been found all the way somewhere in Scarborough.