Monday, August 20, 2012

Tony Scott and Phyllis Diller

Monday August 20, 3:48 p.m.

courtesy of snapper31
from Flickr
It's been a busy one for CNN on the entertainment front. First, we get the shocking news of director Tony Scott's apparent suicide. I watched his movies such as "Man On Fire", the "A-Team" re-boot and "Top Gun". And Movie Buddy and I once discussed his style back in Japan; Scott had a thing for jump cuts and all sorts of MTV-ish effects.

courtesy of
pcuneo
from Flickr
Then, just a few minutes ago, I read on the CNN website that comedienne Phyllis Diller has passed on at the age of 95. I've known her since I was just barely a foetus. That whacked-out hairdo, the feathery boa and that nutso cackle....and she had those one-liners which included her late husband, Fang. She lived a good long life. The last time I even heard from her was as Peter Griffin's mother on "Family Guy".