Friday, October 5, 2012

Feeling Flush

Friday October 5, 1:33 p.m.

It's been a pretty good few days....no work but free time to decompress a bit after a busy translating September and 3 days of teaching. Met up with the translation boss last night at the usual place for an hour of powwow about Trados, my progress (such as it is), and the translation industry as is. I'm grateful that the boss has been as patient and encouraging as he has been; it's been a humbling road thus far. But he has reassured me that I'm at the level that everyone on staff has expected me to be at as a novice translator. He then gave some further advice and my Trados disc....plus the biggest paycheque I've seen in many, many years from the culmination of the projects I've done over the past couple of months. It was quite the pleasure to deposit that sucker into the account this morning.

Haven't heard anything from the boss so far today although he had told me last night that there could be some work coming in. I will be getting a morning assignment on Tuesday at the school; I'll be getting a bigger paycheque than usual from the school because of my 3 days there last week. Might be time to check out some CDs on Amazon.