Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thanksgiving Day Weekend

Saturday October 6, 5:37 p.m.

Not quite yet but the Autumn Colours are starting to form. I think once the nights get plenty cold (starting from tomorrow night, I hear), the leaves should be turning quite vibrant for the next couple of weeks before the inevitable peel off from the branches.

I took my usual hour-long walk and took some pics of the area. I'm lucky to be living in Toronto where even in the city, there are huge swathes of forest. Some people say that Tokyo has the same, but either one has to travel one hour all the way to the western end of the megalopolis to Mt. Takao or settle for the big mass of green in the Shinjuku area. There are parks there but they are very cultivated and tame, nothing like the real forests here in The Big Smoke.

And of course, Tokyo doesn't have the oodles of squirrels that reside in Toronto. I kinda like the critters although some of my acquaintances over the years have referred to them as rats with bushy tails. Yep, I realize that they're not too safe but I generally keep my distance. Y'know....I leave them alone, they leave me alone. There are about 2 or 3 of them at any one time bouncing around the neighbourhood. Unfortunately, I see a number of "former"squirrels on the road as well.