Monday, January 23, 2012

Jobs

Monday January 23, 11:15 p.m.

Well, there's been some movement on the job front. My friend, Mark, told me that his wife had relayed my resume to someone in HR in her English language school. And sure enough, I got a call from that person today to ask me to come in on Wednesday afternoon for an interview.

Which of course means that I have to buy some good shoes at The Bay tomorrow. Luckily, Size 9.5s are a regular thing here, unlike back in Japan where they are only sold at stores which cater to big feet.

And at yesterday's dim sum fest, another old friend informed me that he may need some help with some Japanese to English translations sometime. May get quite busy. I'll have to get started on getting that replacement Social Insurance Number as well. I'll probably head on down to City Hall to get that process started before heading to the interview.