Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prepping

Tuesday January 24, 8:25 p.m.

Today was a major shopping day for me. Now, I have no connection with "Sex And The City", so my idea of a major shopping day and that of those ladies are far and wide. For me, getting dress shoes and a belt counts as a major. Where I used to live in Ichikawa City, there was a discount shoe store with a big shoe section, and a Daiei department store (kinda like a Walmart), so getting clothes didn't make a huge dent in my wallet...rather strange considering the country I lived in.

So, shucking out $90 for a pair of dress shoes was a big deal for me, since I only paid about half that for a similarly-sized pair. Mind you, these new ones may actually last me beyond a year. And luckily, I was able to bring back my Italian suit with me in my suitcase. I inherited it from my former rich student whose husband dropped a ton of weight which therefore negated his need for it...and activated my guilt about my own weight.

All this for my interview tomorrow at that language school. I was happy to get that covering letter and list of references out to the school's director of programs, especially with my haunted computer. This hand-me-down from my brother has been erasing, suddenly expanding and shrinking my fonts, and just throwing new screens in front of me every few minutes. I'm keeping patient but I think when I can afford it, it'll be time to get something nicer. Getting back on topic, it's been a long while since I had a job interview so I've been going over the school's website doing my research and getting my questions ready to pose. Keeping my fingers crossed although I'm not so desperate that I will immediately grab any offer.