Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Computer Blues

Thursday September 5, 1:57 a.m.

I haven't had my new computer for even a week, and I'm already facing a hiccup with it. Looks my Samsung refuses to accept the product key for the MS Office, and for some reason it won't do downloads of songs due to some error somewhere. Ugh! I've called The Anime King for some assistance.

Although I taught a full day back on Tuesday, it was just a quiet day of translation yesterday with me meeting the boss and another colleague in our translating collective. The boss picked us up at the station and just drove us down to one of his working haunts for a brief hour about what's up with the latest work assignments. I'm in the middle of one such assignment and should be getting an editing job in the next couple of days or so.

Earlier in the summer, we all had been wondering whether Toronto was gonna have Summer of the Gun II after the shooting at the Eaton Centre and the Danzig St. massacre. It seems that the crazy season may end up as the Summer of Body Parts. First, there was the horrific Luka Magnotta murder of that poor Chinese student, then the murder of that Chinese woman here in Toronto by an ex-boyfriend, next came the torso that had popped up in the Niagara River. Finally, we just got another case today with a couple of folks coming across a decomposing torso in a suitcase floating in the water.

I will be heading out tomorrow to have that lunch at the Chinese restaurant that Ol' Sam took me and our other old friend last week. And then, I will see if I can get to the Bell Lightbox further downtown on the first day of the Toronto International Film Festival in probably vain attempt to catch some celebs. And tomorrow, I actually cook for the parentals for the first time. They are hinting that with their advancing age, they'll need a rotation now when it comes to cooking meals.