Thursday, September 27, 2012

Ultrasound

Thursday September 27, 10:02 p.m.

Yesterday morning, I had my very first ultrasound examination at a nearby clinic on the suggestion of my doctor. Apparently, my urine sample had contained about a few platelets of blood....nothing really to cry about but hey, why take the chance? So, I followed the directions on the green sheet and had nothing for 12 hours before the exam, and then just 45 minutes before it, I drank down 500 ml of water. Mom was warning me that I'd be going through bladder-imposed hell in the minutes before exam time. I was dumbfounded....my bladder was going to cry "Uncle!"just because of half a litre of water? Hardly. I drink 500 ml cans of soda pop....or at least I used to.

The technician kept asking me whether I needed to go pee during the exam but I just kept saying no. The exam itself wasn't bad although it went on for about 30 minutes. As she used my lower regions as her professional Etch-A-Sketch with that scanner, I half-expected the lass to exclaim, "It's a boy!" The whole experience felt like I was being rolfed in slo-mo. In any case, it'll be a week before I find out the results.