Monday, September 24, 2012

More Translation Blues

Monday September 24, 10:17 p.m.

I'm currently well into my latest translation assignment....a PowerPoint presentation. When I first got it and realized it was 42 slides, I was a little troubled but being slides, a lot of them just have one or two statements. Not too bad, and despite the boss' deadline of late Wednesday night, I think I should be able to have everything done by tomorrow afternoon.

Nope, the blues part came when the boss sent me a breathless e-mail stating that I hadn't seen the other tabs on one of the Excel pages I had done last week, and therefore I had to do an emergency translation on the remaining pages. I wasn't a happy camper....and I'm pretty sure he wasn't either. But thanks to a very quick lunch and an hour, I was able to get it back to him....fully done this time.