Sunday, September 30, 2012

Typhoon 17 and the weather over here

Sunday September 30, 3:10 p.m.

It's been a nice weekend here in The Big Smoke. No precipitation, lots of sun and the temperatures have been great for walking. Which is what I did this morning. Took my 75 minutes of exercise strolling around the neighbourhood. It was nice to get that exercise to lose some modest amount of weight and clear my head since I had some work to get done for tomorrow.
The leaves are starting to change colour but I think it'll be another two weeks or so before they become really brilliant.

Meanwhile, over in my old country, Japan has been fighting off the effects of Typhoon No. 17. I was watching some of the news coverage from Okinawa. Naha was getting scoured clean, and one of my Mixi buddies said that Yokohama was getting majorly buffeted by high winds and rain. Autumn is always known as the season for that along the Pacific Coast. It used to be Okinawa that often the worst of the meteorological rage, but in recent years, Typhoon Alley has become Typhoon Boulevard so that Tokyo can also be in the crosshairs.

Took care of some invoices for the translator boss before figuring out my lesson plans for my final stint for that hyper-organized teacher tomorrow.

As it turned out, that former student and her family won't be coming here after all. I had kinda figured that when I didn't hear anything more from her in the last several days after her initial desire.