Thursday, July 26, 2012

Check-Up

Thursday July 26, 1:36 p.m.

Went to my parents' doctor to have myself checked out earlier this morning. It was pretty painless. He just gave me the usual stethoscope, tongue depressor and blood pressure check, and also took a look at that arm that's been aching a bit. He said it's probably just a touch of tendonitis or other strain. As for the bloodwork, I'll get that done sometime later.

The GTA got doused overnight with a bunch of thunder and water. Luckily, there was no leakage into my parents' bedroom as has often been the case, but it looks like some cars got deluged in the lower areas of town.

I actually got my first celebrity follower on Twitter this morning. Since my Twitter account is just for my old J-Pop blog, "Kayo Kyoku Plus", it'll be interesting to see if Ms. Akiko Kobayashi, a singer from the 80s and 90s, decides to take a walk through my cyber-museum of music. I've been following her account for a few months; she's now living in London with her husband so she tweeted about yesterday's win by Nadeshiko Japan, the women's national soccer team, and how she was looking forward to seeing their next game against Sweden. I just replied innocently how lucky she was to see them in person and hope that she has a good time on Saturday. I never expected a reply but then she sent me a complementary and complimentary response and just became a follower of mine. I don't know if she did it just as a reflex but I'm just happy to have her join up.