Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Olympic Report One

Wednesday July 25, 7:48 p.m.

Well, Japan held on to win 2-1 over Canada. It was interesting watching the news reports from both countries. The folks at CTV News were quiet but hopeful. Meanwhile, at NHK, the broadcasters were darn chipper....Nadeshiko Japan is arguably the most high-profile of the athletes, so it was a good first sign for the country's hopes for success at the Games.

One of my Facebook friends who lives in London sent in word that traffic is absolutely hellish, and it's still 2 days before the official opening of the Games. Media reports have also illustrated this commuting nightmare. And what is this about strikes and work-to-rule at Heathrow and other transportation systems? Not looking good on that front.

I hope any folks looking at getting the Games for Toronto will look at what happens in London and make some sober observations. As for me, I'm glad to watch 2012 from the comfort of my home.