Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Torrid Tuesday Translating

Tuesday July 17, 8:57 p.m.

Perhaps today was the hottest day of the year. I don't quite know how hot it got outside since I cocooned inside all day. I can only hope that a freak thunderstorm can come again and wipe out the humidity in one fell swoop.

Stayed inside all day to tackle and finish off that translating assignment. My new boss doesn't hesitate in throwing all sorts of stuff at me. I've already got an editing assignment in the wings once I get the go-word from him tomorrow, and I actually had to decline a big assignment since it was about 10,000 words and he needed a decision from me ASAP. Well, I don't do well with making decisions when I get those letters flashed into my face, so I erred on the side of caution and just asked him to find another translator. Plus, I could use a little bit of a break from that.