Friday, July 6, 2012

Hot, Hot, Hot

Friday July 6, 11:45 a.m.

Yup, it was street-buckling hot today. 35 degrees plus. I was only outside a couple of times today but I have to admit that after several years of Japanese summers, it didn't feel all that oppressive....actually, I felt a bit drier here than I ever did during drippy July and August in Tokyo.  Not that I would ever say this to my friends on threat of being slapped with a sweat-infused handkerchief.

There was a major blackout last night in the downtown area which lasted 4 hours. Commuters and cops alike were probably a very miserable lot, and even today there was a small segment of Scarborough that got their power knocked out as well. Just wondering if this might be the signal of things to come. Plus with all those condos going up...just not sure if there will be any power to spare.

But at least, things will get to a more bearable level from tomorrow. Good thing, too, since I'll be meeting up with Shard for lunch in Koreatown.