Saturday, July 21, 2012

Toronto in Festival Mode

Saturday July 21, 12:17 p.m.

Well, it'll be hell on all of the drivers trying to negotiate downtown, but apparently there are a rash of festivals and events going on in the GTA for the weekend. I think there's something called "Big on Bloor"in the West End of town, while Yorkville is closed off for something, and even a foodie festival somewhere celebrating hot & spicy fare. There's also a jazz festival going on down in The Beaches.

I, myself, will not be immune to the charms of festival mania. I'm heading down to some sort of Night Market around the Cherry Beach area with The Dancer's family tomorrow afternoon. If I'm lucky, I may be able to grab another bag of bagels down there.

But of course, the big thing is that I'm hoping all of the events will be lead-free. Namely, no shootings or other such dangers. Unfortunately, there were three more shootings last night.