Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Mortality

Tuesday March 20, 10:55 p.m.

Got a call from The Anime King tonight. Looks like we've got another Foodie Tour coming up this Sunday. He also asked me about this Japanese-Canadian fellow; the interesting thing is that my mother had also mentioned this same fellow the day before. He used to go to Japanese Language School with me and my brother, but we only knew him by reputation. He was one of the more gifted speechmakers, since there was the annual speech contest...something that I hated doing. In any case, he has apparently passed away from a heart attack. Surprising, since he was a few years younger than me. My mother had found out from a phone call from an old friend. And The King knew because he and a couple of others had actually hung out with the guy a decade or so ago. You just never know anymore how small a world can get and how quickly a person can leave it.