Thursday, March 15, 2012

A Quietly Bad Day

Thursday March 15, 1:51 p.m.

Ah, beware the Ides of March! Indeed, no truer words have ever been spoken.

But....hopefully....I've only had 2 evils befall me. One was my by own hand. I got a little too intense with one of the Facebook games and out of some frustration slammed my fist down on my Netbook which sent it into a 90-minute tizzy. Yep, an absolutely stupid thing to do considering that for right now, my computer is the only connection with any bread and butter coming my way (translations, Skype students). Luckily, it is a forgiving one and came back. But I will now refrain from any gameplaying for the meantime.

The second evil was this Balance Protection Insurance from TD that I've been billed for, although I don't remember signing up for it. As soon as I saw it, a Red Alert sign went off in my head. Then I looked at some comments via Yahoo, and saw a lot of "Ripoff"or words to that effect. So, I've sent word to TD to cancel the darned thing. There were a lot of telephone numbers scattered through their website which may or may not have to do with the insurance....nice form of bureaucratic smoke screen. In any case, I've gotta send out $14 by the end of the month. May not sound like a lot but for an unemployed fellow like myself, it's not too kosher by me.