Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Wired

Tuesday March 20, 1:52 p.m.

In the movie series of "Batman", both the Tim Burton and Christopher Nolan ones, the Dark Knight is forever brooding over his battery of computer monitors which blanket Gotham City as a huge sensor web.

I've come to the conclusion that I've become somewhat like the Caped Crusader in that aspect (except for the lack of pecs/6-pack, courage, confidence...pretty much anything that would make up a superhero). I've got 2 e-mail accounts and three accounts on different SNS and my blogging one, including one in Japan. My most recent acquisition is Twitter...and it's through viewing there that I realized that I've become this plugged-in person...remarkable, really, considering that I used to tell folks back in Japan that I was a Luddite. But then again in Japan, you just have to mention that you don't have a cellphone to be seen as a freak. There is always information coming into Twitter to the extent that it acts like my own CIA/NSA Situation Room. And I've rather designed it that way. I've joined the accounts for a number of the major news organizations in Toronto and around the world, and those for a few celebs in Hollywood and Japan. Perhaps in the near future, I won't even bother looking at TV....I will have already gotten the scoops.

Perhaps, I'm closer to Neuromancer than I dare admit. I did live in Chiba, y'know (inside joke).