Monday, March 26, 2012

Snakes and Lattes

Monday March 26, 9:10 p.m.

Yup, one of Toronto's legendary emporia...Honest Ed's at Bathurst and Bloor. Believe it or not, there is a twin of sorts in Tokyo as well called Don Quixote (or Don-Ki-Ho...as the Japanese call it there). When I was a kid, my family used to go to Ed's all the time. It was just like a labyrinth inside.

After our lunch at The Thumbs-Up Eatery nearby, Shard and I decided to finish up things with a coffee somewhere. We had initially thought about hitting the local Starbucks, but instead we came across this place called Snakes & Lattes on the north side of Bloor, just west of Bathurst.
As it says in little print on the awning, it's a Board Game Cafe. The coffee certainly wasn't expensive for me...it was just $2.75 for an Americano. But if you want to play a game, it'll cost $5. And the above picture shows just one section containing a ton of categorized board games: anything from D&D to chess. I even saw a couple of Star Trek games. I'm sure the gang from "The Big Bang Theory"would feel at home there. I would put up the website address but when I checked, it was rather obvious that it was still undergoing some measure of construction.